Our Go-to-Market Workshop covers the most important step your founders need to take: identifying their Ideal Customer Profile (ie., the people who are most likely to become a paying customer).
During the workshop, we:
1. Teach your founders what an Ideal Customer Profile is,
2. Review step-by-step instructions on how to create an ICP,
3. Illustrate every step with real-world examples drawn from our portfolio, and
4. Share best practices to build their judgment and confidence.
Following the workshop, we:
1. Share our ICP template to enable your founders to apply everything from the workshop to their startup,
2. Provide access to additional resources to help your founders with their ICP and every step of their journey to product-market fit, and
3. Invite your founders to review their ICP together with a member of our team.
Insights and best practices based on $290B+ of AUM and $8.5T+ in exits (our co-founder, Andrew, is a Kauffman Fellow).
The new standard of investor-readiness requires that founders know more about venture capital than pitch decks, demo days and data rooms.
The most successful founders understand what venture capital is (and what it is not), the practical day-to-day job of a VC, and how VCs decide which founders get meetings, terms sheets and funding.
During the workshop, we cover:
1. The non-obvious characteristics of venture as a form of capital that drive all behaviors of VCs,
2. The three major ways to raise venture capital (equity, convertible debt, and convertible equity), and the advantages and disadvantages of each,
3. How to build, model, and manage a cap table to avoid common mistakes, and
4. Term Sheet basics (and the red flags that should make a founder run the other direction).
Following the workshop, we share:
1. A Google Sheet to help founders model and manage their cap table, and
2. A Founders Guide to Investor Updates (with a downloadble template).